The Characters in this story belong to Jim Pariott and the gang over at Paragon Entertainment Corporation, Sony, Columbia-Tristar, The USA Network, The SCI-FI Channel and of course the entire cast and crew of Forever Knight. Permission to archive this story at the following Forever Knight fiction sites is given: www.fkfanfic.com the Forever Knight FTP Fan Fiction Site, www.fkfanfic2.com, the Nick & NatPacker Fan Fiction Site Mortal Love and the Dark Nick&Nat Fan Fiction Page. This story is based on the following episodes from Seasons 1-3 Only The Lonely, Feeding The Beast, I Will Repay, ,A More Permanent Hell, Undue Process, The Fix, Be My Valentine, My Boyfriend Is A Vampire, Let No Man Tear Asunder, Fever, Sons Of Beliel, Knight In Question, Ashes To Ashes and Last Knight. You all can blame this story on three haunting songs from the Forever Knight Soundtracks The Hunger, Dark Side Of The Glass and The Night Calls My Name sung by Lori Yates and written by the very talented Fred Mollin. I couldn’t get them out of my head as I was writing this little tale and thus this new fanfic was born. The time frame of this story takes place two months following the events of Last Knight with these exceptions that both Tracy and Vachon never died, Nat survived Nick’s bite, and Lacroix never staked Nick and everyone remained in Toronto. A very special thanks goes to Deborah Hymon who is acting as my beta reader/editor Please feel free to send me feedback off list. Forever Is It Destiny Or Fate By Lisa Hobbs Stevens Natalie Lambert sat at her desk reviewing her notes and archiving her account of what had happened two months ago. Nick and her failed the attempt to try the cure that had given Janette back her mortality. Natalie had survived Nick’s lack to maintain control and the end result of severe blood loss, but the two small puncture marks to the left side of her neck had remained. Nick and LaCroix called them Nick’s mark, meaning she was forever changed and carried her would be lover’s brand. It was almost four in the morning when Detective Nick Knight walked into the morgue to get Natalie and take her home. He immediately noticed her staring into space as if lost in thought. He smiled, crossed the room, and gently laid his hand on her shoulder. “Hey Nat, a penny for your thoughts.” Nat looked at Nick and smiled. “Oh the usual-life, death, life again, immortality, mortality. I guess I’m still trying to make sense of the images from your past life that I saw and felt when we attempted…” She placed her hand over his that still rested on her shoulder. “Despite all that’s happened, and the consequences that go with it for our actions, it was worth it in the end, Nick, because I couldn’t love you more. I knew the risks. You knew your control better than I did. But I pushed you into this, and I’m sorry. Even thought you and LaCroix seem to think otherwise, I’m still not a member of your club. I survived, Nick. I haven’t changed.” Nick looked directly into her eyes and smiled, and shook his head. “Nat, our actions could very well have damned you into becoming what I am. We don’t know what kind, if any, affect Janette’s cure could have on you. I think it might be a good idea to start monitoring your blood for the same element that’s in mine, just to be sure.” Natalie sighed as she stood, and grabbed her coat. She bit her lower lip, and looked at Nick. “Fine, if that will make you feel better. I’ll do it, but you’ll see there is nothing for us to worry about.” Nick took her coat and held it as she slipped her arms in. He slowly pulled her hair from underneath the coat. Natalie wanted to end the discussion. “Now, lets get out of her.” She replied. Across town, Lucian LaCroix, prepared for his nightly radio program. He’d remained in Toronto running The Raven nightclub, and continued his Nightcrawler radio persona, which he continuously used to bait both Nick and Natalie. His thoughts drifted to that almost fatal night when Nicholas had dared to express his love to the ‘good doctor’. Since that night, he’d decided he no longer wished to fight with Nicholas. He’d remained in town to make sure that there would be no repeats of the near disaster that almost ended both his son’s existence and Natalie’s life. LaCroix was certain Natalie Lambert would eventually join their family. Soon Nicholas would see that bringing her across would be the right thing to do instead of leaving her suspended between the day and night. It was only a matter of time before both Nicholas and Natalie began to see the small changes that he’d already witnessed in Dr. Lambert.